Re: [Ietf-honest] Adding people to the honest IETF list

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 01:16:19PM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:
> As the subscription message explained, you were added because you are a
> participant in an IETF list, which is supposed to be open to the public.
> The IETF has dishonestly silenced my communications on the false
> pretense of a consensus call on a PR Action.  This is documented at
> http://www.av8.net/IETF-watch/IESG/IESG-PR-discussion.html

I take no position on this.

> This subscription _is_ with your permission, as your posts to the IETF
> list indicate that you are interested in communication with other IETF
> members on IETF topics.  Dean Anderson and other IETF members have every
> right to communicate with you and other IETF members on IETF business.
> This list facilitates email on IETF business with IETF members.

I am not an IETF member, and my posts indicate no such thing.

When I subscribe or post to a specific mailing list, I do so on my own terms and
for my own reasons. I am NOT indicating general permission for anyone to contact
me about topics which may or may not be tangentially related to that list.

> Most of the people frivolously claiming they have not given "permission"
> have so far been found to be trolls who merely want to see my views
> silenced. Some (eg. Pete Resnick) have gone so far as to try to get the
> subscription list even though it is not published. I'd say that Michel
> Py is one of the of the trolls.

I don't know why you created this list, and frankly, I don't care.

I do care that you harvested my email address to promote your personal agenda.

Perhaps others who have complained feel the same way.

Thanks,