Re: How will the response from the pfwg on alt be dealt with?

Hi dan,

> I have answered your questions to the best of my ability.

I am sure you have.

>I can't imagine what more you want.
I suppose that is answered by my intervening email.

Fully understand if you can't deliver that, but would appreciate guidance on
how to go about making it happen.

>As I said, this looks like a design issue; there is somewhere
>around 2 years of back-log on those in front of the PFWG request.

It seems somewhat incongruous that a decision to change something can be
made at the editors whim, but there is a 2 year back log to
even begin reversing the change.

On 15/02/2008, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:

> Steven Faulkner wrote:
> > Hi Dan,
> > I guess some of us a wondering whether what is an unambiguous formal
> > response from the PF WG in regards to the current HTML5 spec being out
> > of step with WAI, WCAG 1 & 2 and the PF WG thinking on the alt. i.e. the
> > alt should be required not optional, is going to be dealt with.
>

> Yes, I expect it will.
>
> I have answered your questions to the best of my ability.
> I can't imagine what more you want.
>
> As I said, this looks like a design issue; there is somewhere
> around 2 years of back-log on those in front of the PFWG request.
>
> I expect the WG to get to it in due course.
>
> I was just on a call with Al Gilman and he didn't bring this up;
> I infer that he's satisfied with the rate of progress.
>
> If the pace isn't satisfactory to you, you're welcome to
>   (a) come to a teleconference and argue for higher priority
>   (b) ask Al Gilman to follow up
>

> --

with regards

Steve Faulkner