arabic newspaper and korean justification, emphasis marks

Archive this

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: action items
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:02:42 -0800
From: Paul Nelson (ATC)
To: fantasai

1. Korean typography uses white space justification. They never function
as ideographic text. I have confirmed this with two different people,
but am waiting for bood resources.

2. Yes. There is a need for Newspaper style justification that stretches
Arabic scripts evenly. This is used with Arabic and Uighur.

3. I have not had time yet to contact Chinese type people. This week or
next week I may have a chance.

Regards,

Paul