RE: Skip to content link

yes, I have always found it perplexing that skip to links in headers are hidden from the very users they are intended to benefit, but does that really mean they fail 2.4.1?

likely, this is trampling ground already well walked, but there remains a mechanism after all even if it only becomes visible once focused?

That is, there is enough wriggle room in the SC for this case to be conforming not to mention other such cases I listed below.

And just what normatively constitutes a block anyway? More than two focusable elements?

I read Jacob Neilsen’s post about thirty years of accessibility failures shared by Léonie Watson and scoff about generative AI, but ponder whether the gaps in WCAG and its inherent ambiguity are actually part of this failing … nearly 20 years of WCAG 2.x and we’re still debating the fundaments.