Re: Accordions as tabs

On a related note:

I often see elements that look like tabs and use the tab/tablist roles,
but do not implement the keyboard interactions defined in APG[1].

My impression is that the interaction model of those "tabs" is much
closer to that of accordions as described by APG[2].

Would it be appropriate to use the roles and attributes of accordions in
such a case, even if it looks like tabs?

thanks,
tobias

[1]: https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/apg/patterns/tabs/
[2]: https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/apg/patterns/accordion/