Re: Inactive buttons, contrast and accessibility

Colour contrast of disabled buttons is exempt from the SC.

________________________________
From: Jeremy Echols <jechols@uoregon.edu>
Sent: 24 April 2024 19:20
To: Ginger Claassen <ginger.claassen@gmx.de>; ML W3C, WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Inactive buttons, contrast and accessibility

Nice client-side error handling should address any concerns without making any changes to the submit button. Hit submit without a password? Identify the error and move focus to the password field. I think most browsers can do this for you just with HTML attributes now, even.

Don't take my word for this, though - it might be that you need to do some work to make sure it's accessible beyond just a "required" attribute. But it's at least something to consider.