From: Duff Johnson <duff.johnson@pdfa.org>
Date: Thursday, August 17, 2023 at 14:02
To: Storr, Francis <francis.storr@intel.com>
Cc: Vlad Kolpakov <vladyslav.kolpakov@gmail.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Some links from PDF-23 technique result in 404
HI Francis, Hi Vlad,

As a side-note, you may or may not be aware that the PDF Association is developing an all-new, comprehensive (within reason) and (very importantly) vendor-neutral set of accessibility techniques for PDF, complete with atomic example PDF files of numerous Pass and Fail cases.

The group’s objective is to publish the initial set of ~40 “fundamental” techniques before the end of 2023, and more thereafter (we have about ~150 in development at this time).

The techniques are modeled on WCAG Techniques in the hope that WAI will be willing to adopt them for use in the context of WCAG’s formally-recognized Techniques.

Although located within the PDF Association, and led by its members, this effort is not limited to PDF Association members. It is conducted under the auspices of the PDF Accessibility Liaison Working Group (LWG)<https://pdfa.org/community/pdf-accessibility-liaison-working-group/>, a type of community which makes it possible for non-members to attend and contribute.

I’m happy to answer questions about these techniques and the development process… and / or simply invite interested parties to email info@pdfa.org<mailto:info@pdfa.org> to inquire about becoming an Invited Expert in order to particiate in this process.

Duff Johnson
PDF Association
pdfa.org