Re: 2.4.7 Focus Visible

I agree, Marc, visible focus can add much more beauty to a website than
removing it.

A lot of statements have been made in this discussion, such as "we can't
add a focus advisory because all browser would fail by default". However,
in actual fact, all browser do fail by default on radio/checkbox controls.
Neither respond to focus-visible, neither respond to keyboard focus
natively.

As the below link to accessible IT from Illinois education demonstrates, we
need to apply focus programmatically using events. Focus-visible doesn't
meet the requirements of 2.4.7 in this instance, only focus does. Since
there would be no way to detect the user agent heuristics set in the
browser, how would we know whether to apply the focus or not if attempting
to follow focus-visible rules? The simple answer is that focus should
always be shown for the purpose of  AA accreditation regardless of the
input device, mouse or keyboard.

Plus it looks great too.

https://accessibleit.disability.illinois.edu/courses/aria-intro/slide23.html