RE: 2.4.7 Focus Visible

| ... i.e. I click on a <button> with the mouse. Does the button now have a visible focus outline/indicator, the same way as if I tabbed to the button?

Yes, and as I said, "as it should". I was trying to understand Michael Livesey's proposed decision algorithm for " default behaviors' of focus-visible", that seemed to fail to recognize the differences in cursors (visible text cursor insert indicators and pointer styles for mouse users before clicking on both input and non-input elements as set in Windows settings) - and - the sequence of when the visible cursor and focus outline/indicator could/should appear.

We've had a long history of experimenting and understanding the subtleties of keyboard focus and focusable elements in designing design systems and patterns.

Phill Jenkins,
Ibm.com/able