Re: 2.4.7 Focus Visible

On 10/07/2023 21:25, Michael Livesey wrote:

 > The third
> stakeholder doesn't get to claim their premises are wheelchair friendly
> without a ramp/lift, they don't get to claim they are disability
> friendly having toilets on the fifth floor, why should they get to do
> the same for their web sites.

Now who's making strawman arguments? :focus-visible is not "no focus
indication ever", as your comparison tries to suggest.

Incidentally, *because* :focus-visible taps into the browser's own
heuristics, it can take advantage of more advanced heuristics/approaches
that browsers themselves implement, such as in Firefox where after even
one interaction with the keyboard at any point on the page, subsequent
mouse clicks also trigger :focus-visible/default highlighting. Maybe not
a perfect solution for those who'd want it as a matter of course all the
time, but again - a pragmatic solution that satisfies multiple stakeholders.

Anyway, peace out, I look forward to seeing a pull request for an
advisory technique...

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux