RE: 2.4.7 Focus Visible

I wasn’t just talking about visually impaired users. I was talking about all users, including mouse users, who are probably in the majority in our user testing. No one has ever expressed an opinion about focus indicators, other than that they be made more prominent.

Steve

From: Michael Livesey <mike.j.livesey@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2023 7:47 PM
To: Steve Green <steve.green@testpartners.co.uk>
Cc: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: 2.4.7 Focus Visible

This is also my experience, Steve. I have never met a visually impaired user who tells me that they don't want focus on click. It is a source of great frustration when it isn't there, and when I explain it only occurs through keyboard use now, they get rather frustrated that someone somewhere has decided that visually impaired users have to be able to see and manipulate tiny keyboard controls rather than use a very accessible mouse to highlight the controls they are using on the screen.

It seems to be the most important stakeholders in this, the visually impaired users, need properly consulting.