RE: Toast messages with links

Probably doesn’t require the close button either given that it will take longer to move and position the mouse pointer than the toast is on the screen for … assuming the design is for desktop.

From: Jan Enning <enning@kleinejan.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2023 8:57 PM
To: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Toast messages with links

On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 at 12:36, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co..uk <mailto:redux@splintered.co.uk> > wrote:

Worth adding a corollary here: if the only interactive element in the
toast is a control to close the toast, I'd make a concession that focus
doesn't need to be moved to the toast (particularly if it disappears on
its own after an ample period of being visible).

Indeed, there is a close button, but the message will "self dismiss". (adjusted by the user)

As you stated before, it's about links/buttons CTA's inside the content.

In that case we should treat it as a dialog if "immediate" action is needed before the user can proceed.

Good to see my assumption was correct.

Thanks!

--

★ Ing. Jan Enning M.A.