RE: aria-level interpretation problem

Thanks Madeleine,

Sounds plausible. I didn’t look up further instances of the issue.

Is W3C reading these list postings? Looks like they are addressed.

From: Madeleine Rothberg <madeleine_rothberg@wgbh.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 5:12 PM
To: wolfgang.berndorfer@zweiterblick.at; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: aria-level interpretation problem

It looks to me like there is an error in the algorithm generating the document. If you look at the Note callouts, they all have a heading level one higher than the containing section; if you look at the Caution callouts, they all concatenate the containing level with the digit one. I suspect they were intended to add the two digits together rather than concatenate them.

-Madeleine

Madeleine Rothberg

Senior Subject Matter Expert

 <https://www.wgbh.org/foundation/what-we-do/ncam>