Re: Accessibility of HTML title attribute for tooltips

Hey there Ajay and Anthony,

Just a little implementation note about that tooltip.

Deque provides a compliant javascript tooltip which will become and remains
visible when the element receives keyboard focus and which also remains
visible while the mouse is hovering over it. There are a few components
you'll need put in to your webpage, including some CSS for the styling and
some javascript for the function.

It's important to note that you'll need to include the link to the
javascript at the end of the page so that the content has loaded before the
javascript is run. Then there are a few html level additions you'll need to
make for each tooltip you want. The result is visually appealing and
compliant.

Regards,
Juliette

jmcshane@access2online.com
541-515-4434
FAX: 503-582-8337
Access2online Inc.
29030 SW Town Center Loop East
Suite 202-187
Wilsonville, OR 97070
www.Access2online.com
Prison inmates helping the internet become accessible

--
Regards,
Juliette McShane
29030 SW Town Center Loop East
Suite 202-187
Wilsonville, OR 97070
503-570-6831 - jmcshane@secondchancenet.org
Cell: 541-515-4434
FAX: 503-582-8337
Reducing recidivism by helping inmates earn a seat at our nation's
digital table