Re: iOS Accessibility Settings ~ auto-magically compliant?

Hello Caroline,

Not speaking for W3C/WAI of course, but :

Le 17/09/2019 à 02:12, caroline a écrit :
> # Does iOS's Accessibility Settings, excuse designers and developers from
> ensuring that the default view is accessible?

It would be dangerous to go this way, I think.

1. You can never bet on a user having set their device to fit their
needs. Many people don't know all the settings, some don't even think
they need this or that setting. I often debunk a common myth that tends
to think that being disabled automatically turns you into some kind of
expert, eg. keyboard shortcuts on desktop applications.

2. Also, you're never sure that your user is using the latest and
greatest update. For many rasons they may not have updated their OS. A
known case is some screen reader users don't update too often because
they're wary that it may break what's currently working (because of
unhappy past experience).

My two cents,
Stephane