RE: Question about: functional performance Statement (FPS) in European EN 301 549

Hi Sailesh, this chapter appears similar to the chapter 3 functional performance requirements in Section 508 revised.  In that case they are only applicable under 2 specific circumstances *equivalent facilitation and when a standard doesn't exist for a given technology) and thus can be omitted in terms of reporting for Section 508 revised.  I'd agree that testing is not required -- but a bigger question is whether they should be reported on. At this point I'd say it's safer to report on them for the EN 301 549 standard -- but I'd like to hear others thoughts as well.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:26 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Question about: functional performance Statement (FPS) in European EN 301 549

Hello Listers,
My question relates to the functional performance statement in Clause
4 on page 17 of   EN 301 549 standard.

(The standard is available as a PDF at
https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/301500_301599/301549/02.01.02_60/en_301549v020102p.pdf?

(with serious tagging lapses)
Item C.4 of Annex C (normative) starting on page 96 states:
"Clause 4 is informative and does not contain requirements that require testing".

So am I interpreting this correctly  if I say, FPS of the EN-standard never have to be explicitly tested separately?
One needs to only check against the applicable clauses 5 to 13 that apply to an ICT.
Note:  the mapping for requirements in Clause 5 to 13 against the FPS is given separately in Annex B of the standard.
Thanks in advance,

--
Sailesh Panchang
Principal Accessibility Consultant