RE: New Topic: Audio and Video Compliance: Transcripts vs Closed Captions

If the transcription is done correctly then it benefits all. I am a screen reader user and was using a training online platform where the transcriptions component is what I was using to get through the course. It provide the same information as the online video. Saved myself a lot of time. Also transcriptions is a valuable resource for deaf and blind, ESL people.

If the Multi-media player is accessible. Then the captions benefits someone who is deaf and blind.

[https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/m/en_us/signaturetool/images/banners/standard/02_standard_ciscoblue02.png]
Sean Murphy
SR ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
seanmmur@cisco.com<mailto:seanmmur@cisco.com>