Re: ATAG testing

On 2017-09-20 1:45 PM, Mike Gifford wrote:
> Greg, would love to have your feedback on CKEditor to see if it lives
> up to what you were working on TinyMCE.

Hi Mike,

CKeditor has come a long way. I might even say they exceed TinyMCE a bit
in terms of its accessibility support.

I took a quick scan. It works well with a keyboard, in fact much like
TinyMCE does. That's good for those who happen to use both editors.
It's fairly easy to navigate around the UI, and between the editing area
and the toolbar and status bar.

It too, seems to be missing prompts to warn authors where they may be
introducing a barrier (like forgetting to add alt text)

Like TinyMCE, their accessibility checker is an addon, though its free.
I would be nice, for both editors, to include the accessibility checker
by default.

I do like CKeditor's alt-0 for quick access to accessibility features.
We'd originally embedded the descriptions of shortcuts into the UI of
TinyMCE, but having them in a popup help doc I think now is a better
approach, not having to listen to the keys announce everytime you access
the editor.

greg