Re: Silverleight Accessibility

the question I would ask (and I have no knowledge of silverlight) is
that if an inaccessible tool is required to work on the design of a
website, how can the finished product, the website, be accessible???
And of course if it is a school website it needs to be accessible for
not only students but parents who may be disabled and need the access.

Bob

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Ginger Claassen wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a question regarding silverlight - I know it might be a bit off
> topic in this list but maybe someone can send me a pm with some helpful
> information. We have a student here who wants to work on the redesign of
> our website an he is supposed to use MS Silverlight for some parts of it
> and we want to make it, of course, accessible for people with visual
> impairments especially blind ones thus I myself can use the website.
> Does anyone know a good source, online, book or whatever where to find
> insturctions or ideas how to make Silverlight accessible?
> So far we did not succeed in finding any useful stuff.
>
> I appriciate every help as little as it might be!
>
> Thanks in advance for your support!
>
> Kind regards
>
> Ginger
>

> Christophe Strobbe wrote:
> >
> > At 20:50 1/04/2009, Matt Morgan-May wrote:
> >> can only
> >> Maltese.
> >> better
> >>
> >> I think Malta has one bigger obstacle...

> >> Unless I'm mistaken, there is no screen reader that supports Maltese. I
> >> think the same is true for Irish, though a cursory look shows there's
> >> been
> >> work on a Gaelic TTS engine. Still, until that work is done, any
> >> movement in
> >> accessible technology (that is, not just web accessibility) in those
> >> languages is blocked by the absence of suitable screen reader
> >> technology.
> >
> > Absence of essential types of AT is a big obstacle.
> > With regard to WCAG 2.0 conformance, one can only fall back on a
> > "Statement of Partial Conformance - Language":
> > <http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#conformance-partial-lang>.
> > (This type of statement was added during the Candidate Recommendation
> > phase,
> > during which the WCAG WG received implementations in various languages
> > and
> > scripts, including Japanese and Chinese.)
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Christophe
> >

> >> -
> >

> --
> Ginger B. Claassen
> Benhauserstr. 11b
> 33100 Paderborn
> Germany
>
> Tel.: +49 (0) 5251 / 147 9282
> Mobil: +49 (0) 179 / 111 4492
> Fax.: +49 (0) 5251 / 60 6065
> Skype: mcgingermobile

-
end
occasionally a true patriot must defend his country from its' government
safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
   ASCII Ribbon Campaign. . . . . . . . . . . . accessBob
   .NO HTML/PDF/RTF/MIME in e-mail. . . . . . . accessys@smartnospam.net
   .NO MSWord docs in e-mail . . . .. . . . . . Access Systems, engineers
   .NO attachments in e-mail, .*LINUX powered*. access is a civil right