Re: Setting focus in a form and screenreaders

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

> Mike Brown wrote:
>

>> I've been asked to create a form and on page load have the focus set
>> to a particular field in the form. I've used some javascript to do that.
>
> I'd circumvent the issue by simply not auto-focussing the field.

Yes, but it's not my decision to make, so I'm looking for arguments as
to why. The usability one is probably not sufficient, but if it's a
major accessibility problem for screenreader users, then that's probably
sufficient to sway it. So I'm trying to find out if it *is* such a problem.

Mike