Re: Design and accessiblity issues

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Ben Gilmore wrote:

add

not everyone uses the latest version of windows....be sure and check with
other operating systems and browsers, especially older browsers and text
browsers

if it runs in LYNX it will probably work anywhere, test it and see if it
makes any sense in LYNX before releasing

Bob

> I'm doing a presentation to the company I work for about the impact of
> accessiblity issues on design. As there are often isssues with design that
> impact the acesssibliy of a build.
>
> Wondering if any one has any further ideas or surgestions...
>
> So far the issues I've pulled from the WAI check list are.
>
> 1) Don't rely on colour to convey information.
>
> 2) Ensure that foreground and background have sufficient contrasts
>
> 3) Use mark up rather then images to convey information (what are opinions
> on the use of images for naviagation?)
>
> 4) Use of relative rather then absolute units. Fluid Vs. fix design? This is
> possibly the biggest point of contention and I currious what is the list
> opions on this... People here interprite it in a number of ways.
>
> 5) Use navigation mechanisms in a constantant manner.
>

> Cheers
> Ben Gilmore

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net