Recording results Re: User agent support of SUMMARY attribute in tables

W3C has been working on a specification called EARL, designed to record
the results of evaluations (either by users or by tools). A typical use
case is accessibility testing. There are several tools producing
versions of EARL at the moment, and using them to record results. An
important issue in the development is noting exactly where a problem
occurs, especially in a page of tag-soup that isn't valid HTML or
XHTML, but even knowing that there are two layout tables in a page with
two tables is useful...

http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10

If you are working on recording evaluations, so you don't ask the same
question next time, I recommend looking at EARL. It uses RDF/XML so
that it is easy to merge results from different evaluations without
requiring that they are exactly the same form (another issue has been
whether there should be a regularised XML form that constrains only
certain valid representations of the RDF, so it can be processed better
by tools that only half-understand it).

AccessValet was one of the first tools to produce EARL. I believe that
AccVerify and SSB's tools do too. I am supervising a student project to
adapt an open-source evaluation tool (much like Bobby) to produce and
use it.

cheers

Chaals

--