RE: FAQ Re: Mixing Tables and Forms

At 11:58 AM 2002-01-31 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Presumably they could hold a default real value.

AG:: Sure, but this misses the point.  It is not effective in doing what needs
to be done and it introduces usability problems.  People do stumble on these
things.

Take the case of a two-digit number field where the question is the expiration
month or year of your credit card.  The default could be 02 for the month and
02 for the year and neither one captures what the user needs to know, which is
"What is the question, here?"

Al