RE: Alternative validation tools.

There is a tool (WAIDr) developed under the LGPL open source license, and
there are people doing further work on it. I am trying t oget more details
made available to both this group and the ER group (which is where tool
development gets tracked).

Cheers

Chaals

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Tim wrote:

>This actually brings up a good point.
>
>With all the time that is spent on great open source "free for all"
>products on sites such as SourceForge, what do list members actually
>think is the reason that no large scale "open-source" accessibility
>validation tool exists.
>
>By this I mean a tool that is developed in the true open-source way -
>not by a for profit or not-for-profit organization, but by developers
>not even connected geographically.
>
>Tim

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22