RE: is this a proper solution for a checkbox?

Hi Jim,

You are partially right and thanks to let me know this feature unknown for me.

Unfortunately, Freedom Scientific seems to implement it without enough tests.

According to my tests, JAWS reads the title attribute on INPUT elements
only when you are in vritual PC cursor and you have not use LABEL element
associate with for attribute. It works in virtual PC cursor with LABEL, but
just for text fields.

If you are in form mode and you use LABEL elements, JAWS never read title
attributes. It's the way I usually build forms and I use them with JAWS.
It's also the way used by Randal Rust to build his example. I have tested
with this example and it really don't work.

Regards,

Jean-Marie D'Amour