Re: Seamless Accessibility (was Re: your mail)

Liam Quinn wrote:

> ... D-links are obtrusive because they tell the non-visual user
> that he or she is viewing a visual page ... they should only be
> rendered when the user requests more information on how the page
> looks visually (as with the "*" key command in Lynx).

Larry Behrens requests:

Many of us are admittedly new to both the list and the finer points of
accessibiility.  Could you somehow rephrase the above (for those of us
who are logically impaired <G>). I thought the purpose of the D-link
IS so that those who want a verbal description can get one. (?)

Are you opining that the D-links themselves should only appear on
request, rather than being a constant reminder that *there's more*?
If so (and I can agree with that concept), do you have a suggestion on
how that might best be done on a page?

Thanks for any clarifications, from any sources.

Regards, Larry Behrens
What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the wish to find out,
which is the exact opposite.  - Bertrand Russell
Personal: http://home.att.net/~LBehrens/ Business: http://betacomm.com/
WWW and HTML help and advice: HTML Writers Guild  (http://www.hwg.org/)