From: Jennifer Strickland <jstrickland@mitre.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2024 8:01 AM
To: Roberto Scano <mail@robertoscano.info>; Todd Libby <toddlibby@protonmail.com>
Cc: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>; WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: AI and the future of Web accessibility Guidelines

First, I agree with Todd and Patrick that AI will not be able to do the work of accessibility any time soon if every.

Second, the reality is that people will look for any shortcut and for many it will be easier to say let AI do it instead of learning to deliver accessibility.

We need to be clearer in our guidelines to make it easier for people to understand how to make things accessible.

We also need to address the use of AI, because people will jump to the seemingly easy route to meet accessibility without learning how to do it.