From: U.S. Department of Justice <usdoj@public.govdelivery.com<mailto:usdoj@public.govdelivery.com>>
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2024 5:03 PM
Subject: Attorney General Signs Title II Rule to Strengthen Web and Mobile App Access for People with Disabilities

The Attorney General has signed a final rule under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which applies to State and local government entities, to improve web and mobile application (app) access for people with disabilities. The rule clarifies how State and local governments can meet their existing ADA obligations as many of their activities move to the digital space. This rule will ensure that people with disabilities can better access important programs and activities like health care, transportation information, and education, through web content and mobile apps.

The Department will send the final rule to the Federal Register for publication. A press release on this rule has also been issued.<https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-publish-final-rule-strengthen-web-and-mobile-app-access-people>

To find out more about the ADA, visit ada.gov<https://www.ada.gov/> or call the Justice Department’s toll-free ADA information line at 1-800-514-0301 (voice) or 1-833-610-1264 (TTY).