Re: Proposed reply to issue #459 (IBM comment on 2.6.1 Device Sensors, focusing on motion actuation)

On 11/10/2017 02:10, Jonathan Avila wrote:

> Detlev,
> As I recall the original intent of this proposed criteria by the mobile
> accessibility task force was to cover all device sensors not just motion.

All sensors that are used as active (rather than passive) inputs, i.e.
sensors that the user explicitly activates to trigger something (like
motion/orientation sensor on a phone/tablet, compared to sensors that
pick up ambient information like light levels, temperature, or even the
motion of a user as they go about their activities - like a pedometer -
where it's not the user explicitly trying to trigger anything).

--
Patrick H. Lauke