Re: SC failure for opening new window without prior notice ?

It is an artifact of WCAG 1. There were many disagreements during the
creation of the WCAG2  over this issue. In the end, it was argued that all
screen readers by that time announced a new window, and that it was easy to
return to the previous page if necessary, so WCAg would not require prior
notification of links to new windows. 's a stretch beyond the intention of
the SC to interpret clicking a link, as changing the setting, that was not
the intention... changing a setting was referring to things like drop
downs, or sending someone to a new page as they tab out of a text box
etc... it was not referring to clicking a link whose entire purpose is to
change the context for the user and to go somewhere new.

Cheers,

David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902