RE: [#1059] Prohibit URLs with javascript protocol

I received a clarification off list about the example in this technique. I was hasty and did not check that the "onactivate" event handler is in spec or properly supported. Examples for this technique should use "onclick" and be sure to demonstrate return false to override the default action.

I would like to go ahead and throw this technique into the draft. In addition to the clarification about the event handlers, there has been both agreement and objection to the requirement that all JavaScript must have fallbacks provided in HTML. This is related to an issue that is active debate in the Working Group right now. The technique should acknowledge that debate in an editorial note. However, if the debate is resolved in favour of requiring the fallbacks, we will need this technique anyway so I think we might as well see what it would look like now. I also think that the presence of this technique in the draft will elicit reactions from people on both sides of the debate, and so it may serve has a handle to help clarify issues. If the debate resolution is not to require fallbacks, we can remove the technique at that time.

Michael