Re: SemWeb + LLMs etc, here or a new group?

Hiya Melvin. Yeah, I think you're right about the practical use cases being
hard to pin down. But I suspect this is an occasion when the tech appears
first, its utility only later, praxis or whatever.

Look at the way folks in the dev community/industry at large are scurrying
around looking for applications of GPT they can monetize. I've lost count
of the number of '#1 AI Coding Assistant' apps I've seen.

(Incidentally I heard on the radio about a new book suggesting that
Neanderthal homos may have been a lot more creative than us, few of their
stone tools share a pattern unlike our clunky copied efforts of the same
period. Their thinking patterns might have been useful now.).

On the web tech side, I reckon you hit the nail on the head in mentioning
the follow-your-nose protocol. As with the web already, it's that where the
real value comes from, specific formats etc. being at best secondary. I
just found out that Claude can gobble fairly sizeable quantities of docs,
10k context window or somesuch?
That's going to seem nothing in a few years.

But a value point of using typed links etc is that it can provide a faster
route to more relevant info. So (hands beginning to wave) although you can
make the machines smarter with sheer bulk of data, RDF & co offer a leaner,
more efficient kind of discovery. A turbo button, if you will.

From a practical point of view, at this point in time a volume-based
approach is almost certainly going to produce good results faster (I am not
an analyst but it also seems where most the funding is being directed :
both MS & Amazon appear to be tying their efforts to their existing Big
Data/big cloud systems).

But we (broad circular hand gesture) have experience on how the web
does/can operate, have a lot of proven tools (formalizations, specs, all
the way down to runnable code) in this domain.
TL;DR - just need to glue it all together.

Cheers,
Danny.