Re: Do you use the W3C RDF validator ?

On 2023-11-21 10:34, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:

> the code behind the W3C RDF validator [1] is old and unmaintained.

Which concrete RDF syntaxes does the parser conform to? What needs
maintenance exactly?

>W3C
> is considering decommissioning that service.

It serves as a reference validator. Or it ought to.

> My first question is: how many people in this community are relying on
> that service ?

Do you mean the people on this mailing list, noticing this email,
deciding to respond?

> My intuition is that the answer is "not many", but if I'm
> wrong, we might reconsider our decision.

How many would suffice to keep it around?

> My second question is: for those who use that service or a similiar one
> : would a purely client-size option be acceptable ? In other words, are
> you using it exclusively in a browser, or are you accessing it as an API
> from other programs?

There are times where I needed to pass my data through a bunch of
validators to narrow down an issue.

Are you considering to develop a client-side parsing? Perhaps along the
lines of JSON-LD playground?

-Sarven
https://csarven.ca/#i