Re: ChatGPT and ontologies

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the update. I indeed used a GPT-3.5 era version and hadn't
yet tested ChatGPT-4, though not really surprising you found the same
results.

Sad that the Wolfram Alpha plugin didn't help, I'd have been more
hopeful of that having an effect.

 > Btw, I also tried with Google Bard. When I asked it to "generate an
 > ontology to describe organisations...", it provided me with an output
 > that looked strikingly familiar to me. At the end, it listed a single
 > entry under "Sources" - which happened to be your blog post. So I left
 > it at that. :-)

On the one hand that's very amusing :)

On the other hand it's neat example of one of the dangers many people
have pointed out. As more content on the web becomes generated by chat
bots the next iteration of models are in danger of being contaminated by
the content from the previous generation models.

Cheers,
Dave