Re: Future Proofing of "rdf:type" Considering HTTP and HTTPS

po 17. 4. 2023 v 15:41 odesílatel Frans Knibbe <fjknibbe@gmail.com> napsal:

> Hello Melvin,
>
> I wonder why you ask this question only for rdf:type, and not for the
> entire RDF schema.
>
> As a possible/partial answer, I believe that the W3C officially regards
> HTTP and HTTPS URIs as equivalent, at least that is what this blog post
> <https://www.w3.org/blog/2016/05/https-and-the-semantic-weblinked-data/> says
> (the RDF namespace http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns# is part of
> http://www.w3.org/). So there would be no need to change the HTTP URI to
> a HTTPS URI.

Thank you, that is helpful.  I was asking about @type since it is a
predicate that I have used a lot.  I normally do string comparison for
matching.  I wanted to figure out, or at least minimize, which parts of my
code I may need to change later.  However, since the w3c name spaces treat
HTTP and HTTPS as equivalent, this may not be a major concern.