Re: BI for RDF/OWL

On 13.01.21 14:11, Mark Wallace wrote:

Hi Mark,

> I'm looking for recommendations or experiences for/with Business
> Intelligence type tools (e.g. Tableau) over RDF/OWL knowledge graphs.

Are we talking OLAP-Cube-like data here or "graphs" like network graphs?

We built tools/frontends for converting data to RDF Cubes for the Swiss
government, contains census, environmental, energy, food production and
other things so far. Data comes/resides from/in SAS, Excel, Access,
RDBs, you name it.

There is a frontend that gives the data owners a way to create
HTML/SVG/PDF visualizations on top of those cubes tailored to what they
want to publish. They use that to integrate those visualization in CMS,
Powerpoint or even PDF/print publications. Data is pulled from
triplestores & visualized on the fly with standard JavaScript libs (d3 &
co).

We (as Zazuko) also sponsor the next version of RAWgraphs 2.0, see the
blog post here for some features:
https://rawgraphs.io/crowdfunding-campaign/rawgraphs2-updates-and-release/

After the 2.0 release we will work with them to better integrate generic
SPARQL support, you will be able write/execute any SPARQL query in there
and use the tooling from RAWgraphs to visualize.

As a second step we add support for the RDF Cube Schema, which gives a
more data-centric view on an endpoint and you just select the dimensions
you want. In that mode the SPARQL query is generated and not written so
the user does not see any SPARQL, just what the data provides.

All I mentioned (tool for converting CVS to RDF Cube Schema, Cube Schema
visualizer & RAWgraphs plugins) are open source software.

Let me know if you want a demo, can show some stuff from the Swiss
government (which sponsors development).

regards

Adrian