Re: Best practices for versioning and documenting ontologies for Sem Web

Yes, as Simon points out the situation for managing an ontology in
github is *much* better now than it was a few years ago.

Diffs can still be hard to interpret (which is why many groups still use
obo format). For command line git diffs we've found this to be very
useful:
https://github.com/ShahimEssaid/git-owl-tools/wiki

Some notes on setting up an ontology project in github/gitlab etc (has
assumptions that this will be a bio-ontology federated with OBO but many
aspects still likely useful):
https://douroucouli.wordpress.com/2015/12/16/creating-an-ontology-project-an-update/
https://github.com/cmungall/ontology-starter-kit/