Re: Ending the Linked Data debate -- PLEASE VOTE *NOW*!

IMHO, Linked Data is a paradigm while RDF is a data model  (in fact, it
is a bit more than that) with different serialization formats such a N3.
Thus, Linked Data does not imply the use of RDF. Similarly,
object-oriented programming also does not imply the use of Java or C++.
Unsurprisingly, RDF is very well suited for Linked Data. Therefore, by
using RDF (SPARQL, etc) we can focus on semantic interoperability issues
and take a high degree of syntactic interoperability for granted.

Best,
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Janowicz

5806 Ellison Hall, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-4060

Email: jano@geog.ucsb.edu
Webpage: http://geog.ucsb.edu/~jano/