Re: There's No Money in Linked Data

Am 01.06.2013 19:11, schrieb Pascal Hitzler:
>> PS: A few days I attended a talk by a German lawyer about data licensing
>> and he said that if you publish your data on the Web without access
>> control, it is (at least in Germany) not secured by any IPR and everyone
>> can (without asking the publisher) use the data, republish it and do
>> whatever with it as he pleases. If this is really true, at least for all
>> Germans all data published as Linked Data on the Web without any license
>> would be Open Data too ;-)
>
> Soeren - concrete question. When does this German law apply, given that
> the Web doesn't really have borders?

If I'm a German (business) and use data published by a German (business)
I'm always fine :-)

In other cases at least nobody can sue me here for using data published
on the Web, but you are right, I might not be able to travel everywhere
anymore ;-)

But joking aside: Google build a huge business around using texts from
the Web, what's the problem with using data from the Web? We also should
not always draw horror scenarios...

Sören