Re: Intranet ontology?

Alex,

The way the Semantic Web works, and this is what makes it very
different from everything else, is that you use a mixture of
global ontologies like foaf:Person and dc:title and a number
of other ontologies which are relevant, and the add
on some more to make up what you need.

If this sounds like a mess, it is in fact the pattern which
actually is optimal: it maximizes the ability of your company
to get the widest interoperability for the concepts which are widely
shared, and full interop locally with itself.

I have written this up  in http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Fractal.html
and specifically http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Fractal.html#TCO

I hope that helps you hit a happy balance between build and buy,
and adjust it with time as necessary.

Tim BL