Re: Well Behaved RDF - Taming Blank Nodes, etc.

On 18-12-2012 15:11, Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
> For the latter, I'd probably just model it as :Jane :wants :Apple or
> something like that.
Hum, and if she wants a green apple, like

:Jane :wants [a :Apple; :color :Green]

?

I think that the botton line is that machines doesn't need blank nodes
at all, they can work very well without it. But humans do.
It is possible to express things using URIs to everthing, but it is just
too messy in some cases. It would be painful, specially to beginners.
When i first heard about RDF, I got scared that every single thing would
got to have an URI. I thought "that can describe social networks well,
but will be useless to NLP", then I heard about blank nodes and saw I
was wrong.