Re: Open world issue (opening vs closing days) and SPARQL CONSTRUCT

Hi

SPARQL has an implicit negation, allthough a very crude one using a
tricky combination of optional, filter and bound expressions.
SPARQL also closes the world locally, as described in papers by Polleres
or Schenk.

Here is a paper (among others) which describes the negation with an example:
http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~sschenk/publications/2008/Schenk2008WWW.pdf

And here is an implementation on top of Sesame to do the kind of
derivation with SPARQL you are looking for:
http://www.uni-koblenz.de/FB4/Institutes/IFI/AGStaab/Research/NetworkedGraphs

Cheers,
Steffen