Re: Query on using RDF and OWL for video search improvement

On Tue Oct 07, 2008 at 11:04:08PM -0500, sancho sebastine wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Could someone guide me on how to use an OWL like RDF representation for
> improving a content based video search engine I am working on for my thesis.
> The basic idea being to be able to convert a video content into a RDF file
> and reducing the video search to text based search. Is any work on similar
> areas going on?.

a video-related startup , Joost, has based their metadata on RDF and theres praobly blog posts and papers you can find on it..

surely plain text search with semantic underpinnings (natural language? SPARQL generation?..) is a big research topic