Re: Aggregator for DOAP - RDFa - hDOAP

Hi,

Am 29.05.2007 um 06:14 schrieb Karl Dubost:

> We would like to make the [W3C software][1] page a bit more user
> friendly and more in synchronization with the reality. One way to
> do this is to have code maintainers to update a local file with the
> information about their code. It seems that [DOAP][2] is a good
> candidate for it. The page containing information about the
> software could be either in RDF or in XHTML containing an RDFa
> vocabulary ala [hdoap][3].

Great idea! hdoap is microformats, though, isn't it?

> A few questions, before reinventing the wheel.
>
> * Is there an RDFa version of DOAP?

If you were to use RDFa for this, you would simply use the DOAP
vocabulary with the RDFa syntax. No "version" necessary.

> * Is there a converter hdoap to DOAP (rdf/xml) or DOAP (rdf/nturtle)?

If you don't mean microformats, then there are a number of RDFa
parsers out there in various languages. I imagine all of those will
output rdf/xml or N3. A quick Google search gives me:

- python: http://dev.torrez.us/public/2006/rdfa/python/rdfa.py

- python: http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/rdfadict/0.3

- PHP: http://www.avthasselt.sohosted.com/rdfamonkey/

- Java: http://sw-app.org/dev/RDFaExtractorCore.java

- Java: http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/soft/sweetwiki.html (bottom of
the page)
- Ruby: http://code.google.com/p/ruby-rdfa/

There are more on the RDFa page in the ESW Wiki [1].

Cheers,
Knud

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/RDFa

Knud Möller, MA
+353 - 91 - 495086
Smile Group: http://smile.deri.ie

Digital Enterprise Research Institute
   National University of Ireland, Galway
Institiúid Taighde na Fiontraíochta Digití
   Ollscoil na hÉireann, Gaillimh