Re: Semantic web discussions

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> Do people think we should have a separate semantic-web-announcements  or
> sem-web-cfp list?

My 2 cents on that:

- would be nice to have some sort of shared calendar where to put CFPs
and conference dates. Not sure is possible with GoogleCalendar, but
would be nice. Also a "semantic" application for the management of this
kind of advertising would be interesting (using SWRC for instance). I am
thinking to the way many people usually check conferences around the
world: they periodically write the dates in a calendar and then decide
where to go from a calendar view.

- CFPs and similar posts could reamin in the SW mailing list, but their
posting could be improved by very simply establishing a common prefix in
the Subject, like "[CFP]". This way we could accomodate both who read
such type of posts together with the rest, and who prefer to filter.

Marco Brandizi <brandizi_AT_ebi_NOSPAM_ac.uk>

NET Project - Software Engineer
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/net-project

European Bioinformatics Institute
Hinxton, CB10 1SD, United Kingdom