Re: RDF/XML and named graphs

On 18 Dec 2007, at 14:33, Chris Richard wrote:
> Am I fundamentally misguided in believing that RDF/XML provides no
> benefits over other text formats like N3 and TriG, other than being,
> nominally, XML? XML tool support seems mostly invalidated by the fact
> that we're using a format designed to encode hierarchical data to
> encode non-hierarchical data. I can't figure out why I might want to
> use RDF/XML.

Tool support for RDF/XML is better than for N3 or other formats. There
is more data available in RDF/XML. It is an official W3C standard.
Those are the good things.

In every other regard, RDF/XML is a complete and utter train wreck.
Adding named graph support to RDF/XML would be polishing a turd.

Best,
Richard