Re: Atom RDF/OWL models

Sunday, July 24, 2005, 9:39:53 AM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> David Powell's full and fairly verbose RDF schema, again I think it's
> an Atom-specific vocab :
> http://djpowell.net/atomrdf/0.1/
> Dates from 2005-03-22, covers draft-05.
> it can be viewed through a nifty little styled-TriX converter:
> http://djpowell.net/rdftrix/

I've just updated my transform to draft-10. The transform attempts to
implement everything in the Atom draft, including things like author
defaulting, xml:base, extension elements, etc...

One of the disadvantages of RSS1.0, I think, is that it doesn't really
discuss mutable entries. If you smush together two instances of an
RSS1.0 feed, the result isn't very useful (you get entries with
multiple rss:description's, and no clue to which one is current). So,
in this schema I've divorced entries from entry instances, and feeds
from feed documents, so that you can archive multiple instances in the
same graph and do some temporal stuff with them. (Eg, you might want
to add an http:pollDate property to the entry and feed instances).

I think that the implementation is complete, but I intend to have a go
at mapping RSS2.0 (and probably the others) onto the same RDF Schema.
If they don't fit well, the schema might need some more updates.

http://djpowell.net/atomrdf/0.1/

--
Dave