Re: Reference Parameters - using them

Marc Hadley wrote on 9/29/2005, 9:24 AM:

 > This is the kind of use case I had in mind when I raised issue 15[1],
 > the group didn't want to go there and we settled on pointing to WS-
 > Context instead[2]. Mebbe we need to add something to the
 > specification along these lines rather than just in the issue
 > resolution in the issues list ?

In our use of WSA, we have added a new header that a provider
can include in their response <EndpointReferenceUpdate> which
"updates" the EndpointReference that the client used to invoke
the provider.

An update can include the provisioning of new or replacement
reference parameters, changing of the address, etc..

There is an option for a full replacement of the EPR should
the provider find that more usefull.

We found this necessary even in situations where the client
obtained their initial EPR through dynamic lookup from a
discovery service because the EPR data can even change
mid-stream as a provider may migrate clients or make
other session related changes.

Conor