Re: cr9: wsa:Action for undefined faults

* Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM> [2005-11-01 11:24-0500]
> On Oct 25, 2005, at 6:40 PM, Jonathan Marsh wrote:
> >
> >I had an action to provide spec text for the preferred option (3):
> >
> >I propose we add to Section 5 of the SOAP Binding, right after the
> >text:
> >
> >  The [action] property below designates WS-Addressing fault messages:
> >
> >    http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/fault
> >
> >This paragraph:
> >
> >  The [action] property value below MAY be used to designate SOAP
> >fault
> >  messages (e.g. mustUnderstand faults):
> >
> >    http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/soap/fault
> >
> A hopefully friendly amendment:
>
> SOAP modules and extensions MAY define custom [action] values for the
> faults they describe or MAY designate use of the following [action]
> value instead:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/soap/fault
>
> The above [action] value SHOULD be used for generic SOAP faults
> including version mismatch, must understand, and data encoding unknown.

Our WSDL binding does define a way to define custom [action] values
for faults: by using a default pattern and by using wsa:Action
explicitely. I would like to see this called out.

How about:

  When the value of the [action] property has not been defined
  explicitely, e.g. by SOAP modules or by an extension such as the
  WS-Addressing WSDL binding, the following value MAY be used:

    http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/soap/fault

  The above [action] value SHOULD be used for generic SOAP faults··
  including version mismatch, must understand, and data encoding unknown.

Cheers,

Hugo

--
Hugo Haas - W3C