Re: w3c payment processors

To clarify a bit more...

On 03/06/2015 04:19 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> I would like to implement a payment processor in line with the w3c
> payments spec

Keep in mind that there is no such thing as a "W3C Payments Spec" right
now. I know you know that Melvin, but others on the list might get the
wrong idea.

There are Web Payments /Community Group/ specifications, many of them
incomplete or in need of updating, but with implementations.

There are no Web Payments /Interest Group/ or /Working Group/
specifications yet. We're working through the details now of use cases,
roadmap, and Web Payments Architecture (Payment Agent). Expect First
Public Working Drafts of those in the coming months.

> I was wondering if anyone else is working on something similar
> because I'd like to test payments from one processor to another, and
> it doesnt seem clear how to do that right now.  Perhaps with some
> running code the problem would be easier to break down.

There is currently no mechanism to do cross-payment processor clearing.
Payment Processors could use Ripple, centralized continuous clearing, or
some other blockchain-like mechanism to clear payments between each
other. Not having this spec'd right now is problematic, and we really do
need to sort out the details here.

> Just trying to establish tentatively if anyone may be willing to help
> test in the short to medium term.

+1, willing to test... but before we can do that, we need to settle on
the protocol (which is a non-trivial undertaking).